Julia and I had an opportunity to really get to know a few couples in the last several months. We have been attending a nice church here in Lawton and through the church; we have met several other newly wed couples that are going through the Officer Basic Course. An idea that we had was to start having weekly devotions with these couples. Well last night was the first night that we were able to get together to study God's Word.
Things went great. Julia fixed some snacks for the meeting and I prepared a devotional. We had Julia's (well it’s her mothers recipe) wonderful meatballs, apple wedges with her brown sugar, cream cheese and walnut dip. It was almost all gone by the time we finished. The devotion was on Ephesians 4:17-5:8. I chose it because I wanted to make the first night set the tone for the future devotions. If you don't know what that passage says, well then, you should go ahead and read it for yourself. It is very powerful.
We are going to try to meet every week. Last night we had 5 couples here. It was a great time of reading, prayer and fellowship.
No comments:
Post a Comment