03 December 2006

St Barbara's Day Ball

Julia and I went to our first formal event with 4-27 last night. It was the annual St Barbara's Day Ball. According to legend, St Barbara is the saint of the Field Artillery. I could explain the whole story behind her, but you could just look her up and it would explain everything. The ball itself is a ceremony used to induct certain soldiers who have shown their dedication the the Field Artillery into the Order of Saint Barbara. There was a dinner, live jazz band, a punch ceremony, awards ceremony and a guest speaker address by the 1st Armored Division Commanding General. Ultimately, its a time that FA soldiers celebrate being Field Artillery soldiers.


Julia and I went with another couple that we went to OBC with last year, Justin and Michelle. It was an enjoyable event that gave us the excuse to dress up. The best part of the evening was Julia in her formal gown.

No comments: