06 November 2005
New Cuisine
Julia and I enjoy a nice evening meal at a good restaurant now and again. We have little to really choose from here in Lawton but there are some interesting places that we have tried. One such place is a Japanese restaurant called Kobe. The main style of cooking is hibachi grill. They take you into a small dinning area where your seats are around a hibachi where the chef will cook your food right in front of you. I have seen it done before on TV but never in person. The grill is so close that the heat can be felt on your face. The chef started off by preparing rice for everyone at our table. Some ordered steamed rice but those that ordered fried rice got to watch him fry it up right there. With added flare and the occasional joke, the rice was mixed with egg and veggies and then served fresh from the grill to us. It was great. He then went on to cook the entrées for everyone. Julia has been to a similar hibachi restaurant, but I had never been to one and so it was quite a unique experience for me. I really enjoyed the food and the new cultural experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment